The Jensens

The Jensens

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April Fools


Just to set it in stone I wanted to share about my wonderful abilities to fool my husband EVERY year on April fools! 

2010
Even while we were dating I  coated his toilet seat with Bengay! :) 
Unfortunately, he never noticed... He must really have buns of steel!

2011
For our first April Fools as a married couple we were on our Honeymoon in Hawaii. 
I was in the bathroom getting ready for our next big adventure when I decided the time was now. 
I called Chris over to the bathroom door and apprehensively stated that we were pregnant!

Any OBGYN would know it's IMPOSSIBLE to know you're pregnant within just DAYS.
But lucky me, I didn't marry an OB.

 HE BELIEVED ME!!
Although, I felt horrible when I saw the range of emotions on his face within minutes. 
I also got him with the classic "short sheeting"

2012
The second year, I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with Hattie. 
(can you guess where this is going...)
We were at my parents house celebrating his birthday and Easter a bit early that year. 
All day I was acting it up like my stomach was aching and questioning whether it might be contractions. I told my family I was going to go upstairs and relax for a few minutes.
Yet once I did, I set myself up for fooling them all!
I poured water on my pants, sat on the side of the tub and called for Chris. It didn't take long for, not only Chris to make it into the bathroom, but also my Mom and sisters...
and see that my "water broke"
They were so concered and wondering how in the world we were going to get me back to Orange County deliver with my Doctor. 
After only minutes I revealed it was an APRIL FOOLS prank and they all were immediately relieved, but again flustered by the range of emotions I had just caused. 
You'd think I'd learn the first time... but I just can't help it!! 

2013
I can't remember for the life of me what I did other than, again the classic "short sheet"
hopefully it comes to me soon.

2014
This year I had researched and found more fun loving pranks to pull on my husband in hopes to give his emotions a break. 
Unfortunately all of them failed when I ended up falling asleep early the night before (forgetting to set them up) and having to leave town the next morning at 5:30am to catch a train up to my parents house. I was heading there to drop off Hattie so I could join friends & go to a taping of "The Voice". 
It was a pretty fun experience with way too much standing involved! 
As we headed home it came to me.
I  called Chris and told him about our awesome time on set and how they put on a dance competition for all audience members to participate in, while we passed time before the show started. 
I, of course, being the dance queen that I am volunteered and was able to show off my moves on stage...
 the worm and all! 
The winners were chosen by the level of audience applause. 
and I WON!! 
A 45" flat screen TV!!! It was awesome!! 

But the greatest part was...
APRIL FOOLS!

I know, I know. I toyed with his feelings again. I can't help it! 
Honestly though. every great prank toys with emotions.

Check out this AWESOME April Fools Prank that 100% messes with the guys emotions


1 comment:

  1. Lol that teacher prank is the funniest. Poor guy! Jordan loved it too. I'm surprised you didn't go for another pregnancy announcement this year. That one would have definitely worked the emotions! You and Aunt Laura... Stinkers!

    ReplyDelete