The Jensens

The Jensens

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Twos

Is it just me or has this week slugged by so stinkin' slow you don't know what to do with yourself?! 

My last day of work was Monday and now I'm kinda wishing it wasn't. Especially because Chris has been working late and makes my boring lonely day THAT much more boring and lonely!
 What I have learned about myself these last few days with every minute of the day free to think, is that 
* I'm much more motivated when someones around to keep me company. . .  
*Maybe I can't live without cable. . . 
*I'm a lot less patient than I thought. . . 
*I'm a tiny bit more needy than I thought. . . 
and;
*I'm so anxious for our babies arrival (Apr. 19th), but still feel like I need another month to be REAL ready.

  With that being said I've really only got two weeks to be ready, whether I like it or not. It's such a thrill to know she's almost here! And I think she's just as excited, because, BOY!, she sure is active and really working out those muscle reflexes. It literally HURTS when she kicks..and she kicks often. I figure it's good practice for me before the real labor pains come, and good practice for her to be stretching before having to squeeze so tight for her arrival.

And hopefully, with her by my side..
*Each day will fly by with caring for her, and not be so boring and lonely
* I will be much more motivated with her keeping me company
*Maybe I can live without cable
*Hopefully my patience will improve
*She'll meet my needs just as much as I'll meet hers (soo looking forward to cuddle time!)
and;
*I'll need not worry about her arrival anymore :)

 Speaking of arrivals, another one we're anticipating is my Mother-in-law! She flies in just one day after baby girls estimated due date! 
 It will be so nice to have a few helping hands and a walking buddy to enjoy the beautiful Southern California weather with. I can't wait to see her (grand)motherly instincts kick in full force with our baby. It's going to be such an awesome time to observe Chris and his own mother completely wrapped up in loving and adoring her. (we'll be buying a video camera just so I can capture moments like this one) 

 Unfortunately, the reality of this all is that it won't be happening for another two weeks and I know, for me, it will feel like an eternity!
 I've been talking with baby girl and discussing her arrival plans. As far as I'm concerned, and if she's been listening at all to her mother, she'll be expected next weekend, on the 14th ;) (that was her very first speculated due date..)

No comments:

Post a Comment