The Jensens

The Jensens

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011

Happy New Year!

 This past year has been such an eventful one. HAPPY eventful, too. Thank goodness.
Although, I don't know how many others can say the same, at least the people I've run into this past month of December.

  So, I work at TGI Fridays, right? Well. Every person I had a conversation with about the new year was for some reason, more than relieved that the year 2011 was coming to an end. To me it was an instant wall being put between us in the conversation, because quite honestly I  0% agreed.

 On the contrary of their year mine was filled with family gatherings. Beginning with our marriage in Manti, Utah where our families secluded ourselves in a gorgeous cabin for quality family time. We then spent a beautiful honeymoon in Maui.. and although we came home to bad news of Christopher's job, we were blessed with short periods of unemployment and ultimately a brand new job in Irvine, CA - which Chris LOVES! 
..Not to mention that we had MORE family gatherings for our 1st reception in Omaha, NE and again in Camarillo, CA. Boy We've been spoiled! And even when we were struggling with the reality of Chris' unemployment we found joy in vacationing.

 THEN, to make our year all the better on August 13th, my best friend Kaile's Birthday, we found out we were pregnant.

 The Lord has just been so generous to us this year!
(I give all the credit to my amazing husband and all his dedicated works to our Heavenly Father!)

 Once again, Thanksgiving brought us back together as family in Omaha. It was truly a bonding time for me with the Jensen's and a wonderful comfort to feel and see of their love for all of us as family. A bonus to the trip was the excitement of Lindsay's engagement and upcoming wedding!! We planned and brainstormed pretty much everyday, every hour.\
  ...Correction: THEY planned and brainstormed. I just gave input when it was asked for.

 My main thought was, "I'm so glad this is all over and done for myself already."  Weddings are a tough thing to plan. And I have no doubt that Lindsay will put together a beautiful wedding :) And I'm thrilled to be a bridesmaid for her on this very special day.

 As for December, we celebrated a few of our friends weddings and were able to visit with many old friends. Christmas came and went all too soon, like always. We spent Christmas with my family in Camarillo and it was such a happy relaxing time. Pretty sure for every one well balanced meal I ate two meals of chocolate and cookies. It was awesome! See's were my favorite this year.  And surprisingly I maybe only had one cup of hot chocolate.. and that's NOT normal! I chugged that stuff almost every other year.

 To end with a bang we did the traditional trip to the Rose Parade and it may be the last trip too. ..Mom's just getting more susceptible to hurting herself... haha. and we don't need anymore of that, now, do we?!
It was a wonderful time and thanks to the Finaly's Chris and I had an actual bed to sleep on, instead of the typical asphalt, topped with carpet along Colorado Blvd.

  And now here we are in 2012. A relaxing week so far.. thanks to a not so fun sicky cold... If this keeps up it may turn out to be a year I'm thankful to be looking back on; Although that'll be tough with our upcoming bundle of joy on her way in April!

 All our best to you all this new year! And as I promised.. Here are some captured moments of 2011

Camping @ Moro Bay. Spring Break.

 Visit to Hearst Castle, while on our camping trip




 Visiting Rob up in San Luis Obispo, while camping
 Trip to Disneyland to view the new exclusive STAR TOURS ride :) AWESOMENESS

3D!




 Cool accidental photo(s) I took during the fireworks
 Rob helping me prepare for my garden
 Christine helped design our yard :) hehe

 By the time we moved the plants and flowers were huge! My only regret was not taking a picture of them...

Now that we had a pretty backyard we hosted Dad's 62nd Birthday with a BBQ & a few rounds of Laser Tag. It was so fun!

 Throughout the summer we took numerous trips to the beach.. with these goof balls!
 Leo Carillo

And shortly after, in September we moved South to Aliso Viejo for Chris' job. This is "The Great Park" in Irvine. We had a picnic together on his lunch break and daaang was it HOT!

 So we went for a swim later on in our apartment swimming pool
 Here is Dana Point. We found this pretty little harbor while exploring the area one Saturday afternoon
 .. Remember that big orange thing in the back ground of our picnic? Welp, its a big balloon you can ride in up to 400ft in the sky!!

 We went on it for the first time together while Kate was visiting us

 Huntington Beach

 The water was FREEZING & we weren't expecting it to creep up on us while taking this photo...hehe
 Day hike in the surrounding mountains of Aliso Viejo/Laguna Hills

1 comment:

  1. Ryan and I decided that we want to be like you and Chris. You are SO positive!! If we WERE you last year, looking back we probably would have focused on the unemployment part, but you are just so inspiringly optimistic!

    ReplyDelete